Society of 75
Until 2006, WBCNA operated on seed monies provided by local businesses and individuals such as Bobby Bradley, Remigius Shatas, Redstone Federal Credit Union, Sheila Brown, Sharon Morgan, Caroline Myers, Judith Smith, Arlene Stackhouse, Donna Lamb, and Nancy Archuleta.
WBCNA received a Small Business Administration (SBA) grant, becoming one of 110 Women’s Business Centers around the country funded by the SBA. We also received grants from the United States Department of Agriculture and the Department of Labor. Since these federal grants require matching funds, WBCNA launched a fundraiser to ask local businesses and individuals to make contributions for matching purposes. The “Society of 75” was designed to ask 75 businesses and/or individuals to donate $1,000 per year for 5 years.
As a Society of 75 member, you directly impact our mission by assisting WBCNA to:
- Serve as a driving factor for economic growth and job creation
- Improve the local economy by bringing new federal dollars into Huntsville
- Provide customized assistance to support growth in our focus areas: startups and entrepreneurs, established businesses, veterans, women, government contractors and innovation and technology
- Break the cycle of poverty by helping socially and economically disadvantaged individuals to become self-sufficient
As a reminder, your Society of 75 membership provides these benefits:
- The opportunity to present one workshop a year to our clients – we provide the logistics, you provide the content and the subject matter expert
- The opportunity to volunteer as a business coach to work directly with our clients
- Placement of your company name and link on our website
- Listing on our Resource Guide given to all clients (for service providers)
CHAIRMAN'S SOCIETY ($30,000+)
PRESIDENT'S SOCIETY ($25,000)
EXECUTIVE SOCIETY ($20,000)